Thursday, September 20, 2012

About ten years ago...

Dear Wafa,

When I was about ten years old and considered marriages as occasions to dress up beautifully, I had this (silly?) wish: we would marry brothers so that we will become sisters and can stay connected throughout our lives. You would marry the elder one, of course, because you are two months older than me. Everyone would like you a little more than me because you were more sweet-tempered than I was, and because I like it when people love you very much. I had an even better idea, that we would marry twin brothers, so that there wouldn't be an issue of who has to marry the elder one. It may sound stupid to you and now that I look back on it, it sounds childish and stupidly sweet to me. How I wish you were still with me!

So, what's my point? I'm missing you. A lot more than ever before. And so is your mom. We love you.
Always praying for you,
Your old friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment